Costa Europe Cruises
Costa Cruises is a uniquely European brand, with Italian influences reflected in the ships' design, food, and festive atmosphere. Many passengers are from Italy or neighboring European countries, and the ships visit dozens of ports in Europe. Costa is exceptionally welcoming to children and teens, making it an excellent line for a family vacation. And as part of the world's leading cruise ship operator, Carnival Corporation, it is in good company among ships known for their fun, comfort, and style.
Costa Cruises Ships
|Ship Name||Star Rating||Year Built||Gross Tonnage|
10 Costa Cruises Ships
Costa Europe Cruise Destinations
Interested in a Costa cruise to Europe? Costa is among the best in the region, and as an Italian line, has a special affinity for the region. Travel to locations in the Norwegian Fjords, both the eastern and western Mediterranean, and Northern Europe. Costa sails to European ports like Amsterdam, Hamburg, Ibiza, and Santorini. In these unforgettable cities you will see ancient palaces, enchanting villages, and historic landmarks from the Eiffel Tower to the Acropolis. Sample Costa cruise itineraries to Europe include:
- Western Mediterranean: Savona, Italy; Naples, Italy; Palermo, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Marseille, France
- Northern Europe: Warnemunde, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark; Bergen, Norway; Aarhus, Denmark
- Eastern Mediterranean: Venice, Italy; Bari, Italy; Corfu, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Athens, Greece; Dubrovnik, Croatia
Costa Cruise Ships in Europe
The largest European cruise operator, Costa has a fleet of 15 ships, all beautifully decorated and excelling in both comfort and style. Costa ships hold between 1,000 and 3,800 passengers, making it a large contemporary line. Onboard, you'll find pool decks with retractable glass roofs and giant outdoor screens, kids play areas decorated like castles and ships, wine bars, multi-story gyms, and so much more.
Choose from five types of cabins: Classic (the most affordable for each cabin type), Premium, Samsara, Suite or Minisuite. Samsara cabins include direct access to the Samsara spa and Samsara restaurant, while Suites include butler service, a bottle of Ferrari Sparkling Wine, and the Indentitore Beverage Package. Look forward to these on-board amenities in any cabin you choose:
- Adjustable air conditioning
- Flat screen interactive satellite TV
- Always-available steward
- Sheets and towels changed regularly
- Shower products, hair dryer, and safety deposit box
Shore Excursions on Costa Europe Cruises
Costa offers hundreds of opportunities to explore the nooks and crannies of your destinations like a local. Sign up for regular excursions, personalized tailor-made excursions, or eco-excursions, which focus on being conscious and respectful of the environmental and social needs of the location. A few European shore excursions Costa offers are:
- Whale Watching in Icelandic Waters - Reykjavik, Iceland
- Visit to Athens, the Acropolis, and the New Acropolis Museum - Piraeus/Athens, Greece
- Romantic Venice by Gondola - Venice, Italy
- Historic Rostock and Brewery Visit - Warnemunde, Germany
- The Royal Palaces of Sinatra and Queluz - Lisbon, Portugal
Dining & Drinks on Costa Europe Cruises
Whether you're craving a five-course meal at a fancy restaurant or a burger and fries from the buffet, Costa has a dining option for you. Eat in the main dining room, at the poolside cafe, or at one of many specialty restaurants (for an additional charge). Around the ship, coffee shops and bistros serve cappuccinos, espresso, real Italian pizza, gelato and more.
Costa offers four different beverage packages ranging from $20 to $50 per day, so you can indulge in unlimited soft drinks and alcoholic beverages by the glass throughout your voyage.
- Giovani: Starts at $20.43 USD per day; must be combined with another beverage package; includes unlimited soft drinks by the glass and is only available for children ages four to 17.
- Brindiamo: Starts at $27.82 USD per day; includes unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks in the restaurant and buffet or at the bars.
- Piu Gusto: Starts at $31.30 USD per day; includes unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks, as well as more than 30 kinds of cocktails and frozen drinks, available in the restaurant, at the buffet and at bars.
- Intenditore: Starts at $51.30 USD per day; includes unlimited drinks featuring premium brands, liqueurs and champagne in restaurants, bars from the minibar and in your cabin.
Activities on Costa Europe Cruises
While on board, you can be as active or as relaxed as you please. Spend time in the fitness center, enjoy a massage or steam in the sauna, or lounge poolside with a drink in hand. Try your luck in the casino, where you can play the slots, roulette, poker and more, or go shopping in one of the onboard boutiques where you can purchase perfume, accessories and cosmetics. Costa offers plenty of entertainment and enrichment as well, from Italian lessons to cooking classes and trivia contests. Dance the night away in a club or sing along to a Broadway-style show. Cruising Italian style means a rich mix of fun, flavor and festivities.
Children's Programs on Costa Europe Cruises
Costa goes above and beyond at providing fun, safe entertainment for children ages three to 17. With babysitting services, the Squok Club and a kid-friendly menu, parents and kids are able to enjoy their vacation to the fullest.
The Squok Club is split into four groups by age - Mini, Maxi, Teen Junior and Teen - and is supervised by entertainment staff throughout several time blocks during the day, free of charge. Activities range from arts and crafts, sports tournaments, ice cream and holiday parties, circus nights, dance lessons, treasure hunts and more.
Many cruises offer two themed dinners per sailing just for kids, and speaking of food, kids-friendly favorites like spaghetti, hot dogs and pizza are available on every cruise. Kids and teens can also get a Boys & Girls Beverage Card good for 10 non-alcoholic drinks like juice and soda. Babysitting services are available for kids age three to 11 in the childrens' area until 1:30 am.
Costa Europe Cruises Past Guests
Even before you sail on a Costa Cruise, you can become a member of the CostaClub. New cruisers are part of the Ambra Club, and receive a welcome gift aboard their first sailing. Keep cruising and move up through Costa's six clubs to receive increasing rewards. Members earn points based on cabin type and length of an itinerary, and for onboard purchases, and can earn rewards like priority boarding and luggage delivery, food and beverages, cocktail parties and more. Check with your Cruise Specialist if you have sailed before to check for possible benefits.
Accessibility on Costa Europe Cruises
Costa's exceptional service extends to all guests. The cruise line works with Special Needs at Sea to make sure accommodations are available for passengers with specific accessibility needs. All of Costa's ships have accessible cabins, with lowered shelves and closet rods. Accessible rooms also come equipped with roll-in showers, grab bars, low sinks and handheld showerheads. Accommodations can be made for those with hearing and visual impairments too. Contact a Cruise Specialist prior to travel to ensure all necessary arrangements are made.